Scottish Fisheries Museum Logo
Home > About The Museum > Memorial Room

 

Memorial Room

Memorial Room

This room was especially commissioned to commemorate Scottish fishermen lost at sea. It was opened by Gilbert Buchan MBE in 1980. Details of losses prior to 1945 are entered into the Book of Remembrance while those from 1945 onwards are recorded on special brass plaques affixed to the walls. The entries are made at the request of family members and can reflect individuals or entire crews of boats - they are not a complete record of all losses.

Unfortunately, the number of plaques continues to increase as more names are added - fishing is still one of the most dangerous occupations there is.

If you would like a name (or names) to be added to the record, please contact the museum. There is no charge for this service. Families may visit the Room to place flowers etc. whenever the museum is open. We also hold periodic Services of Remembrance to which relatives are invited. Please contact the museum for further information.

The Scottish Fisheries Museum Trust Ltd
St Ayles, Harbourhead, Anstruther, Fife KY10 3AB
E-mail: enquiries@scotfishmuseum.org
Tel (within UK): 01333 310628
Tel (from outside UK): +44 1333 310628
Charity Number: SC 006185
VAT Reg Number: 270 2790 64
twitter logo facebook logo youtube logo flickr logo tripadvisor logo
fifedirect logo
museum galleries scotland logo
robertson trust logo
heritage lottery fund logo
scottish government logo
green tourism logo